[omniORB] Any Support

Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:31:58 +0000

On Monday 20 November, Tamas Morvai wrote:

> I'd like to use Any in an idl like this:
>
> typedef sequence<any> AnySeq;
>
> invoke(in AnySeq parameters);
>
> In this case, do I have to compile the idl with the -Wba
> option or not? Previously I omitted this flag and everything
> worked fine.

The -Wba option is used to generate insertion and extraction operators
for declared types. Compiling the above IDL without -Wba will work
fine, as long as you only want to send basic types. If your IDL has
something like:

  struct Foo {
    long l;
    string s;
  };

and you wish to send that in an any, you must compile the IDL with
-Wba.