[omniORB] Problem with narrow

Gary D. Duzan gdd0@gte.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:37:23 -0500

In Message <000801c04f2c$4d896860$6c0aa8c0@oktal.fr> ,
   "Carlos Marmelo" <cmarmelo@oktal.fr> wrote:

=>So 2 skeletons are generated in C++.
=>
=>I implemented oktalScenario::Scene by virtual inheritance in the class =
=>SpecRayScenario::SceneImpl.
=>
=>I've also implemented oktalDistributedScenario::Scene in the class =
=>SpecRayDistributedScenario::DSceneImpl, but this class inherit also from =
=>the implementation SpecRayScenario::SceneImpl.
=>
=>
=>I could resolve it by using delegation instead of multi-inheriting, but =
=>is there another solution.

   Sorry, no. Having a single implementation class derived --
directly or indirectly -- from more than one skeleton class will
not work. Using delegation/ties is probably the best approach here.

					Gary Duzan
					Verizon Laboratories