[omniORB] incoming LOCATE_REQUEST, how to satisfy it

Glenn A. Hochberg gah@research.att.com
Thu, 02 Nov 2000 08:35:11 -0500

First off, the Name Service and LOCATE_REQUEST are two completely different
things.  The Name Service is a directory that lets you find the IOR
corresponding to a logical name.  The LOCATE_REQUEST is an IIOP message sent
by the client ORB, asking the destination ORB whether the CORBA object
addressed by the IOR is indeed available at that server.

The fact that your server is getting the LOCATE_REQUEST implies that your
client has the IOR and the client ORB is at least finding the server
process.  There could possibly  be a problem with how Orbix 2.3 is setting
up the object key in the IOR.

What error is your client getting?

    -Glenn

--
Glenn A. Hochberg     | "Any activity becomes creative when the doer
AT&T Labs             |  cares about doing it right, or doing it better."