[omniORB] CORBA 2.3 standard and fault tolerance

Jani Niittukari jani.niittukari@saraxa.com
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:45:13 +0200

"There is no standardized mechanism by which applications can convey their
reliability requirements to the ORB." Quotation from Book: Enterprise CORBA,
Dirk Slama, Prentice Hall.

With couple days of studying i have realized that there is 3 ways to
implement Fault tolerant CORBA system.

1. I wait for the CORBA 3 compliant ORBs (Mmm, can't wait)
2. I pick one of the "expensive" commercial ORBs (Visibroker, Orbix, ...)
3. I have to implement my own replication mechanism, which i don't want to
do.

If you know any more solutions, i would be pleased to see them.

Regards,

 Jani