[omniORB] Problems in installing and compiling with AIX 4.2

mdonahue@McLeodUSA.com mdonahue@McLeodUSA.com
Mon, 15 May 2000 11:28:19 -0500

Brian -

I have experienced the same problem and didn't experience any significant
problems with omniORB 2.8.0.  It has to do with the way omniORB defines some of
its types in the header files.  The unfortunate thing is, that you get them on
everything you compile.  I have since upgraded to xlC 5.0 (a.k.a. VisualAge C++
5.0)  and this problem almost completely disappears.  That being said, the xlC
5.0 compiler has its own set of issues, so upgrading doesn't get you out of the
woods either.

Craig is correct, you should be using LIBPATH.

- Mike Donahue
  McLeodUSA Communications