[omniORB] omniORBpy and JPython

Thorsten Roskowetz glowstars@gmx.de
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 18:21:13 +0200 (MEST)

Andy Carlson wrote:

> This approach is not the same as using omniORBpy though, because I'm
> actually calling an implementation of the CORBA Java binding, not the
> Python binding. This means calling narrow() when necessary and using
> the Java mapping for out parameters (i.e. using Holder classes rather
> than return values).
>
> Code using this approach would not be portable to CPython/omniORBpy.
> It did get the job done though!

Being completely ignorant with java and jpython (but with the
possibility of a project using both in the future) I wonder if
a compatibility layer could be developed to achieve portability?
Or maybe a special omniidl backend that generates jpython stubs
handling the narrow() calls and Holder classes stuff for interfacing
with the javaidl generated classes?

Do I make any sense at all?

Thorsten Roskowetz  <glowstars@gmx.de>