[omniORB] Calling omniORB shared library from a an applications shared librar on SGI

James Riden jamesr@harlequin.co.uk
22 Jun 2000 16:18:24 +0100

"Terry Lee" <terryl@wt.net> writes:
> We have a library where our CORBA client code resides.
> This library is normally a shared library. When linked
> this amounts to our shared library calling the omniORB
> shared library. On NT and Solaris this runs fine but on
> SGI it fails. Any ideas? If our library is statically
> linked with the application it works okay.

There are a few linking strangenesses of IRIX - for instance -lpthread
should come as the last library in the link line.  If you can describe
how it fails on SGI, I could probably be a bit more specific.
(segfaulting in pthread_key_create is a common symptom of the above
problem).

cheers,
 Jamie

http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp