[omniORB] IIOP Security (SSL)

Eric Dumas edumas@tumbleweed.com
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:46:23 -0700

According to Franco:
> As I would like to implement SSLeay on omniORB 2.8.0, would you mind to send the source code on unix platform(Solaris or Linux) to me?
>
> Thanks & regards,

	Hello Franco.

	You will find the patched omniORB version (version 2.6.1) on
http://www.freenix.org/~dumas/omniORB/. It allows you to tunnel the
IIOP packets though HTTP and HTTPS.

	In order to port the current code with SSLLeay, we will have to:
o Double check the GPL http implementation is working,
o Implement your http plugin to decode and resend IIOP packets.
o Implement the generic SSL interfaces with the OpenSsl library (SSLeay),

I recomand you to start by the two first points ;-).

--
                        Iric Dumas (Eric.Dumas@tumbleweed.com)
   Tumbleweed Communications, 700 Saginaw Drive, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA