[omniORB] Question regarding omniEvents and scalability.

Mike Bendickson bendi003@tc.umn.edu
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:40:56 -0500

I'm considering using omniEvents for a project that has chat-like features
(push), and am wondering how well it scales with a large number of event
channels and clients (suppliers and consumers).  I'll need around 200 event
channels for 100 clients.  Each client will connect to up to 4 event channels.
omniEvents will be running on a WinNT server.  Is omniEvents a good fit for
this?  CORBA uses TCP, correct?  How does omniEvents handle idle connections?
Half of the event channels will rarely be used.  The other half will have a
fair amount of traffic.

-Mike