[omniORB] RE: omniorb-list-digest V1 #141

Dietmar May dcmay@dmis.com
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:04:19 -0400

Steven, Haarek,

> > My question is this: Is there such a standard for process
> control which
> > uses CORBA? Since COM is about as much fun to use as having a tooth
> > pulled, I would like to investigate a CORBA solution. Can
> anyone help?

> I sure would like to see a CORBA based OPC (CPC? ;-)).
> I haven't heard of any - yet!

You might contact Evan Wallace (NIST) - mailto:ewallace@cme.nist.gov. He
was quite active in the OMG machine control group. When I was attending
several years ago, they were looking at CORBA standards for process
control. I don't know the current status.

If you can't reach him, check the OMG web site. The MC group had an area on
omg.org not that long ago.

Dietmar May

[demime removed a uuencoded section named WINMAIL.DAT which was 58 lines]