[omniORB] OmniORB to Java

mdavis@rwii.com mdavis@rwii.com
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:25:52 -0400

> Hi,
>
> I try to connect a C++ based server application with a java1.3 based client
> program.
> How can I tell the java program to use the OmniORB name service ?
> How is the name of the args for java ? I did not find documentation about
> this on
> the net.
>
> orb = ORB.init(args,props);
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arnold

One possible way, ignoring things like setting things for
resolve_initial_references, is to give the Java program the IOR to the
NamingService in question.  You can do string_to_object() on the ior, then
narrow() to a NamingContext.

I have not yet played with Java 1.3, so I don't know how its ORB deals with
things.  I have used JacORB and ORBacus recently, and to avoid proprietary
issues about how to set the initial references, I do things as I have
specified above.

--
Mike Davis           Real World Interface, a division of I.S. Robotics
mdavis@rwii.com      http://www.rwii.com