[omniORB] omniORB API documentation.

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 11:24:53 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Ben Miller wrote:

> During my foray into omniORB3, I am starting to come across functions
> that I cannot find in omniORB.pdf nor in the CORBA 2.3 specification
> (not entirely unexpected!).  So, my question is if I want to find out
> what function such as '_retn()' does, do I have to look in the omniORB
> source code to suss it out, or am I missing something?

If it is part of the standard, it is in the CORBA 2.3 specification (see
c++ mapping p24 for _retn()).

If it is an omniORB extension, then it is documented in the manual, or
possibly in include/omniORB.h.

Otherwise it is probably an internal part of omniORB itself, and probably
not for use by applications.  You will need to read the source code to
understand these, but shouldn't need to unless you are
debugging/developing the ORB itself.  Stuff that is internal to omniORB is
often prefixed with _NP_, _PD_, _0RL_ or similar.

Cheers,
David