[omniORB] Interface Repository Re: (no subject)

Fri, 21 Jan 2000 12:34:49 +0000

On Thursday 20 January, "Ammar B." wrote:

> Why omniORB does not have its own Interface Rerpository? ..I mean is
> there a specific reason that you have not implemented it? Ofcourse i
> know that omniORB works without it ..but why not implementing it?

We have just never needed to have an Interface Repository. There is no
technical reason why we can't have one.

> And to add an Interface Repository to omniORB, are there any special
> requirements must be done or it is just implementing an Interface
> Repository to a CORBA compliant ORB?

You can use any other compliant IfR with omniORB. Just put its IOR in
omniORB.cfg, with the key INTERFACE_REPOSITORY.

If you want to write an interface repository for omniORB, we'll be
happy to put it in with the other contributed software we have.