[omniORB] Connection management behaviour

Haarek Ryeng Haarek.Ryeng@datarespons.no
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:47:25 +0100

--------------85BA3637D6CBE94504B5CBE1

Your "idle connection scan task" must run to reuse net connections - what is
your sample period for this task?
See chap. 7.3 in the user's guide.

- Hårek

Jorge Garcia wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I have a question about how omniOrb processes multiple remote
> requests.
>
>    I have done a client that spawns 10 threads, each thread performs a
> remote method
>   invocation and prints the result.
>
>   The remote method's code is:
>
>     long Libreria_i::suma(long value)
>    {
>      sleep(20); // delay
>      value++;
>      return value;
>    }
>
>    I have not modified the omniORB::maxTcpConnectionPerServer, (I'm
> using the default value '5').
>
>    When I launch the client the server receives the 10  requests and it
> creates 5 concurrent threads
>    to answer 5 of them and other ones remain blocked.
>
>    The client receives the answers in the following manner: the first 5
> come almost at the same time,
>   (aprox. in 20 seconds), but the following answers  are received with a
> constant delay ,
>   (between answers), of 20 seconds.
>
>    It looks like after processing the 5 first requests, the remote
> server only processes requests
>    one by one, even if it has capacity for processing 5 at the same time
> (threads that are already  finished)
>
>    Is this behavior correct ?.
>
>    How can the server be forced to accept the next 5 requests at the
> same time ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
>    Jorge Garcia.
>
>    R&D Software Engineer
>    Mabyc, S.A.
>    Barcelona (Spain)

--------------85BA3637D6CBE94504B5CBE1

begin:vcard
adr;dom:;;;N-1322 HØVIK;;;
n:Ryeng;Hårek
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Data Respons AS
version:2.1
email;internet:haarek.ryeng@datarespons.no
title:M.sci (computers & signal processing)
tel;fax:67112050
tel;home:90196734
tel;work:67112071
x-mozilla-cpt:;0