[omniORB] MFC DLL related crash..

Steven W. Brenneis brennes1@rjrt.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 08:33:16 -0500

There is not really enough information in your post to form a complete idea of
the problem, but I will give you the standard solutions to MFC/omniORB problems.

Be sure that you are not mixing debug and release shared libraries in your
release build.  This can cause a number of heap allocation problems as well as
problems with the API.

Be sure you are not invoking methods which will attempt to access MFC window and
thread objects from a non-MFC thread (or from any thread that didn't create
these objects for that matter).  MFC disallows access of some MFC objects from
foreign threads.

Good luck, hope this helps.