[omniORB] omniorb for python on HP-UX = some problems

Fri, 14 Jan 2000 15:25:47 +0000

On Friday 14 January, David CROSSON wrote:

>   In order to be able to build omniorb for python on a
> HP-UX 10.20 box, I've added a file config-hpux.h
> inside the directory omniORBpy/omniidl/cxx/cccp
> and modified the file config.h (in the same directory)
> by adding the following lines just after __WIN32__
> defined test :

Thanks. Your contribution will appear in CVS overnight.

[...]

> /opt/aCC/lbin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
>    alloca (code)
>
> I'm not able to find the library containing the alloca symbol
> and it seems that the use of the alloca is discouraged because
> it is system dependent.
> Any Idea on a way to replace the use of alloca routine  ?

Unfortunately, the code which uses alloca() is generated by bison, so
it's not really feasible to change it. If you look at y.tab.cc, you'll
see that there is a test for the pre-processor symbol __hpux. Try
adding

ifdef HPUX
DIR_CPPFLAGS += -D__hpux
endif

to omniORBpy/omniidl/cxx/dir.mk. You'll also need to add a suitable
set of rules for building the omniidlmodule shared library. You can
base it on the rules for other platforms, and the rules for HPUX in
the omniORB libraries. You'll also need to add a similar section to
omniORBpy/modules/omnipy/dir.mk.

Thanks for your porting efforts,