[omniORB] Should I move to OmniORB3.0?

Haarek Ryeng Haarek.Ryeng@datarespons.no
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 12:31:13 +0100

--------------4C492EF42F8776CA344F87D1

I’m considering moving from OmniORB 2.7.1 to OmniORB 3.0,
but I’m a little sceptical due to the fact that it is only
pre-release.

But have I understood it correctly when I say that the
OmniORB 2.8.0 is built into the 3.0 version?

If I were to use only the BOA for a while, it will be just
as good as the 2.8.0 version? (I have a tight time schedule
on one of my applications…)

Last, but not least, I’m working in an embedded environment
– thus memory footprint and RAM consumption during runtime
is of some importance. Are there significant differences
between 2.7.1 and 3.0 (probably, but can somebody estimate
the difference)?

Thanks,

Haarek Ryeng

--------------4C492EF42F8776CA344F87D1

begin:vcard
adr;dom:;;;N-1322 HØVIK;;;
n:Ryeng;Hårek
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Data Respons AS
version:2.1
email;internet:haarek.ryeng@datarespons.no
title:M.sci (computers & signal processing)
tel;fax:67112050
tel;home:90196734
tel;work:67112071
x-mozilla-cpt:;0