[omniORB] Exceptions on Solaris

alex agranov agranov@redconnect.net
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 14:18:32 -0500

You definitely need the latest libC patch for C++ 5.0.  I installed it
on a 2.6 box, compiled omniORB with "-O2 -g", used the same flags with
my own code, and everything works fine.  Prior to that, any thrown
exception, or often something else, would cause a segfault.

In general, the 5.0 compiler is apparently a piece of shite, as I have
found no other C++ ORB that supports it (nor for that matter, very many
3rd party apps) and thus I am very happy that the nice folks at Omni
took the trouble to find out how to get their stuff running with it.
It's always a good idea to double-check such suspected compiler
maliciousness with another compiler, such as gcc 2.95.1, which I did,
and found that everything worked fine.

alex