[omniORB] _non_existent

Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:47:55 +0000

On Wednesday 12 January, Gennady Agranov wrote:

[...]

> 2. My omniORB2 object talks to another object, implemented in
>    ACL ORBLINK (Allegro Common Lisp).
>
>    When ACL object sends omniORB2 object "_non_existent"
>    request omniORB2 sends back BAD_OPERATION exception.
>
>    When omniORB2 object sends  "_non_existent" request to
>    ACL object, Lisp signals that method _non_existent is
>    unknown.

As far as we are aware, omniORB2 is fully compliant to the spec with
regards _non_existent. Try running your omniORB server with a command
line argument of -ORBtraceLevel 30, and you'll see the IIOP packets
going back and forth. That might show you what's going wrong.

PS. Please don't send messages to omniorb@uk.research.att.com as well
as omniorb-list -- everyone who's on omniorb@ is also subscribed to
the list.