[omniORB] OmniORBpy separate compiles & #included files

Richard Gruet rgruet@ina.fr
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 10:16:18 +0100

Hi,

Is it normal that compiling (omniidl -bpython) the following unique file
:

[X.idl]

module A {
    module B {
        interface I {
            void foo();
        };
    };
};

and separately compile the 2 separate files:

[X.idl]:
module A {
#include "Y.idl"
}

[Y.idl]
module B {
    interface I {
        void foo();
   };
};

is not equivalent since omniORBpy claims to support separate compilation
of IDL files  ?

In the former case, I can as expected access foo() with:
import A
A.B.I.foo()

but not in the latter case.
I have a project with a lot of IDL files organized in such a way, and I
had to preprocess them
(with omniidl -E) -and remove the # comments!- to get the proper result.

Is it normal ?

Richard

PS: I greatly appreciate omniORBpy that I find very stable and
performant so far, and that I plan to use extensively in my project
(being a Python afficionado and a distributed computing evangelist).