AW: Re[4]: [omniORB] Reopening namespace - the complete solution

Mon, 21 Feb 2000 13:52:07 +0000

On Monday 21 February, "Schmidmeier, Arno" wrote:

> I have an idl-compiler (idl) confirming to the described behaviour
> of the spec.
>
> You have following two idl-compile scripts
> first one:
> cpp F.idl>output.idl
> idl output.idl
>
> second one:
> idl output.idl
>
> And the two scripts generate different output?

No, as long as the IDL compiler does the right thing. If I have two
files:

// a.idl
module M {
#include "b.idl"
};

// b.idl
interface I {};

and run a.idl through the C pre-processor, I get

# 1 "a.idl"

module M {
# 1 "b.idl" 1

interface I {};
# 3 "a.idl" 2

};

The # lines let the IDL compiler know about the #include, so it can
get the repoIds right.