[omniORB] Re: omniorb-list-digest V1 #34

Guenther Grau Guenther.Grau@de.bosch.com
Tue, 01 Feb 2000 11:19:53 +0100

Hi Barbara,

> I have some questions about oneway methods. When sending oneway messages,
> these messages are not delivered to the Server at once. The ominorb waits
> about 200ms then all oneway messages, which were send in the meantime,  are
> sent to the server all at once. I do not understand what is happening inside
> the omniORB. Is it an internal timer? Is there any possibility to change
> this behavior?

The CORBA spec says, that you cannot and should not rely on oneway
messages being delivered instantanous. If you rely on this, your
design/code is broken. Better think of fixing your code :-)

A lot of people abuse one-way calls to optimize performance
or to avoid blocking calls. Better use a couple of workers
instead.

Just IMHO,

  Guenther

P.S.: Greetings to Andreas Rueping, if you happen to know him ...