[omniORB] OmniNames

Stephen Coy stevec@pobox.com.au
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 16:03:29 +1100

on 18/12/00 6:26 PM, Andreas Turner at andreas.turner@unisoftwareplus.com
wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm developing under MAC OS and WinNT. Now my namingService runs under
> WinNT. But I need the namingService also under MAC OS 9 (better under MAC
> OS X). Has anybody still ported the namingService to the MAC OS platform(s)?
>
> I am still using OmniORB 2.8 (because of Mac).
>
> Andi

Hi,

Can I ask why you need a MacOS implementation of the Naming Service?
Normally, you would utilise the Naming Service running on your NT box. If
you really need this, I can port the standard one for you. The only reason
it's not done now is that I never really viewed the Mac as a reasonable
"server" platform for omniORB services.

BTW. I can point you at a MacOS port of omniORB 3.0.2 if you are interested.
There are some compiler issues to be resolved before it can be widely
released (and integrated with the main distribution), but it's usable,
stable and reliable now.

Regards,

Stephen Coy
Resolve Software Pty Ltd