[omniORB] new user! - distributed callback question

Stephen Eshelman seshelman@directradiography.com
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:10:51 -0500

--------------799EF124136DB11D0FC4A3D5

--------------97A98FA9DE2657DF7F2690C2

Please excuse me if this has been answered as I am new at this.

Distributed callbacks present a possible solution to some new
development I am doing here.
I am new to CORBA and omniORB and am experimenting with the examples in
the /src directory.
I am also working my way through "Advanced CORBA Programming with C++".

I have read about distributed callbacks in some writings by Doug Schmidt
and built the example client and server in the /src/examples/call_back
directory.  This is on the Linux (Red Hat 7) platform using omniORB
version 3.02.

I run the server as indicated in the README file in that directory and
capture the IOR.  I then run the client passing the server IOR on the
command line.  The client prints the first line of text and then hangs
on the call to the server.

static void do_single(cb::Server_ptr server, cb::CallBack_ptr cb)
{
  if( CORBA::is_nil(server) ) {
    cerr << "cb_client: The server reference is nil!" << endl;
    return;
  }

  cerr << "cb_client: server->one_time(call_back, \"Hello!\")" << endl;
  server->one_time(cb, "Hello!");
  cerr << "cb_client: Returned." << endl;
}

Have I got something missing in my environment that keeps this from
working?

Thanks in advance for your help!

**steve**
Have a great Holiday!

--
Stephen N Eshelman
Hologic

In practice, they are not.

Anonymous

--------------97A98FA9DE2657DF7F2690C2

Please excuse me if this has been answered as I am new at this.
I am doing here.
in the /src directory.
and built the example client and server in the /src/examples/call_back
directory.&nbsp; This is on the Linux (Red Hat 7) platform using omniORB
version 3.02.
capture the IOR.&nbsp; I then run the client passing the server IOR on
the command line.&nbsp; The client prints the first line of text and then
hangs on the call to the server.
nil!" &lt;&lt; endl;
&lt;&lt; endl;</b>
working?