[omniORB] Newby question about cout hanging

kevin_mitchell@agilent.com kevin_mitchell@agilent.com
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 06:56:17 -0800

Hello,

I'm porting some of my examples to omniORB to try it out and am having
problems calling cout from implementation methods in the server.  I have a
simple derivative of the echo example that works as expected.  But if I now
add a call to cout to the implementation method I find the call hangs.
Calls to cout from main in the server work OK.  I tried adding a cout call
to the echo example and that worked as expected.  So I presume the
difference must be due to how I'm building my example?  I'm using the
omniORB_302_x86_linux_2.0_glibc2.1.tar build under RH7.  Before delving into
the depths with a debugger I thought I'd check with the list to make sure
I'm not doing anything obviously dumb...

Kevin