[omniORB] Problems with omniORB + RedHat 7.0

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 12:29:53 -0500

Sandro Tolaini wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> we run into a problem getting omniORB (3.0.2 patched with the latest
> patchfile) working with RedHat 7.0 (every patch available from RedHat
> already applied).
>
> The problem seems to be (at least) in the omni_thread class. Compiling
> omniORB just out-of-the-box and trying the thread/diner.cc example (and many
> others) will show the bug: only 1 thread is started instead of 5.
>
> About the patches applied to RedHat: mainly the glibc patch RPM, but no gcc
> patch found (maybe the problem originates from here).
>
> Anyone has a good tip? Thanks!

Try downgrading the compiler to version 2.95.2. From what I read the 'gcc 2.96'
has more problems than fixes compared to the last official release. I wouldn't
bet on 2.96

Regards,	Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique