[omniORB] typecode problem again...

Shawn Bisgrove shawn_bisgrove@yahoo.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 06:23:25 -0800 (PST)

Hello All,

    After a 6 month leave on the project I was working
on, I brushed off the code and upgraded to the latest
OmniORB.  I am running against a "black box" product
that is using Orbix 3.0.1.  Here is the problem:

   About 6 months ago in an earlier release,  the
orbix implemented server running Orbix 3.0.1 would
complain that an any that I was sending did not
contain a value of type AlterationSpec (please see
post:
http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/2000-04/0158.html
,
http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/archives/2000-04/0155.html
 and the fix worked for the tests that I ran ).  I
have seen the code  they have written and it is doing:
    if ( val >>= alterationSpec )
    {

       some code

    } else {
	logger.error("Node is not of type AlterationSpec");
    }

Thanks for your help in advance,

s.

With no change to my code, I recompiled and am getting
the same error.  I now have done other things like
using enableLcd() in my code, etc.

Has there been anyone who has run into this problem??

=====