[omniORB] Notification Service vs Normal C/S

Jack P jack_44@usa.net
11 Dec 00 03:28:46 MST

Hi,
I know that normal CORBA Clinet/Server model is used for sending synchron=
ous
requsets but Notification service allows u to send requests asynchronousl=
y.
Suppose I have some 4/5 clients who want to use the server.
Then I can use the normal c/s model (any number of methods can be impleme=
nted
)But with the Notification service only push/pull methods are available w=
ith
any/structured/sequence thing.

If the Notification service is used for some application then it will be
slightly slow as compared to normal c/s model because of Notification
Channel.What do u think ?

I just want to know why one should go for Notification service?

Jack

Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=3D=
1