[omniORB] TypeCodes, tk_alias, OmniORB, and JacORB

Monceaux, Weston P ERDC-ITL-MS Contractor Weston.P.Monceaux@erdc.usace.army.mil
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 09:15:47 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C06060.961B5738

Sorry again.  This message probably has HTML in it as well even though every
option in Outlook <insert derogatory comment here> is set to NOT send HTML.
So this will be my last post until I locate a better mail client to spare
everyone of my HTML :-)

Concerning the problem I was reporting, it has been resolved.  Turns out
that OmniORB and JacORB were doing everything correctly when handling
TypeCodes and Anys (which I figured must have been the case, otherwise lots
of other complaints would have been seen by now).  The problem was a bug in
the JacORB IDL compiler generating incorrect TypeCode information under
certain conditions.  I notified the maintainers of JacORB, and it turns out
they had already found and fixed the problem.  For anyone interested, they
have a fix on the "Known Problems" section of their website.

Thanks again for the help.

Weston Monceaux

------_=_NextPart_001_01C06060.961B5738

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>RE: [omniORB] TypeCodes, tk_alias, OmniORB, and JacORB </TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; -----Original Message-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; From: Duncan Grisby [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:dgrisby@uk.research.att.com">mailto:dgrisby@uk.research.a=
tt.com</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 08:09</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; To: Monceaux, Weston P ERDC-ITL-MS =
Contractor</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Cc: omniorb-list@uk.research.att.com</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Subject: Re: [omniORB] TypeCodes, tk_alias, =
OmniORB, and JacORB</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; On Monday 4 December, &quot;Monceaux, Weston P =
ERDC-ITL-MS</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Contractor&quot; wrote:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; &gt; Apologies for the HTML.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; You are still sending HTML...</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sorry again.&nbsp; This message probably has HTML in =
it as well even though every option in Outlook &lt;insert derogatory =
comment here&gt; is set to NOT send HTML.&nbsp; So this will be my last =
post until I locate a better mail client to spare everyone of my HTML =
:-)</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Concerning the problem I was reporting, it has been =
resolved.&nbsp; Turns out that OmniORB and JacORB were doing everything =
correctly when handling TypeCodes and Anys (which I figured must have =
been the case, otherwise lots of other complaints would have been seen =
by now).&nbsp; The problem was a bug in the JacORB IDL compiler =
generating incorrect TypeCode information under certain =
conditions.&nbsp; I notified the maintainers of JacORB, and it turns =
out they had already found and fixed the problem.&nbsp; For anyone =
interested, they have a fix on the &quot;Known Problems&quot; section =
of their website.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks again for the help.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Weston Monceaux</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C06060.961B5738--