[omniORB] CORBA::BAD_TYPECODE from omniORBpy servant

Harri Pasanen harri.pasanen@trema.com
Fri, 01 Dec 2000 17:03:52 +0100

I'm using omniORBpy to write test programs for our internal CORBA
servers.
The servers are done using omniORB 2.8. For testing I've tried both
omniORB 2.8,
omniORBpy 1.2 and omni3_develop,  omnipy1_develop from CVS, with
identical results.

When I create a callback object in omniORBpy and pass that to the
server, I successfully get some calls back, but most of the time the
server catches
CORBA::BAD_TYPECODE exception.

The message passed to the callback object is:

  struct Message
  {
    unsigned short time_to_live;
    string source;
    string subject;
    any data;
  };

If I run with -ORBtraceLevel 1000, I see the following:

omniORB: throw BAD_TYPECODE from pyTypeCode.cc:2286

We have a C++ client with omniORB 2.8 that talks successfully to the
server, so I presume the omniORBpy any handling is somehow at fault.

Any ideas?   If you want more complete trace info, I'm happy to provide
that.

-Harri