[omniORB] omniORB_280 and Sun C++ 5.0 - and omniEvents

A.A.Gerritsen a.a.gerritsen@phys.uu.nl
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:01:37 +0200

>To fellow omniORBers, the question about getting omniORB to compile with
>Sun C++ 5 has come up every month or so. Please search through the archive
>for the discussion (http://www.uk.research.att.com/search.html).

OK, I just checked them, but the problem is that our Mac-only boss desided
to "upgrade" to version 8 of Solaris (never uses anything besides Mac, but a
salesman conviced him 8 is higher so better than 7) just before the end of
our project which is in June.

Result: SUN C++ 5.0 is unable to compile omniORB and the patches are for
version 7. Can I use them anyway, I asume not.

So I think I'm forced to work on one of the two remaining Solaris 7 machines
I was able to save. :-)

Best regards,

Armin