[omniORB] Probs with _dispose() and impl_shutdown()

Dave Hallam davehallam@yahoo.com
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 08:32:29 -0700 (PDT)

I have a problem with two bits of code.

1. When I call boa->impl_shutdown() it goes into the
omni_mutex constructor and tries to lock the mutext
with the crit set to:

DebugInfo = NULL
LockCount = 1
RecursionCount = 0
OwningThread = NULL
LockSemaphore = 0x00000048
Reserved = 0

The VC++6.0 debug environment then tells me that the
application has crashed in NTDLL and I have no idea
why.  The orb and boa have been instantiated and the
impl_is_ready() function has been called earlier in
the code.  Any ideas?

2. When calling the _dispose() method on the
implementation of a skeleton class.  The call stack
goes through CORBA::BOA::dispose() to
omni::disposeObject() to
omniObject::objectTableLock.lock().

In the omni_mutex::lock() method an exception is
raised on the line 'EnterCriticalSection(&crit)' where
the crit is as follows:

DebugInfo = NULL
LockCount = 5
RecursionCount = 0
OwningThread = NULL
LockSemaphore = 0x00000048
Reserved = 0

Again, I have no idea why and how to fix it.

I'm developing under NT4 using VC++6.0 Ent Ed.

Thank you in anticipation.

Best regards,

Dave Hallam