[omniORB] HPUX question

Rob Cecil rceci@master.adams.com
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 14:03:48 -0400

--------------461667690DCB4F2CC4B44472

Hello,

We currently use HPUX 10.20 and I wanted to know if someone could explain the support of
pthreads on HP.  I just pulled down the 280pre2 source and have been hitting all of our
build machines (irix6.{4,5}, solaris2.{5,6}, aix 4.3, and hpux 10.20 ), trying to get a
handle on how much work would be involved in getting a working orb on all of our
machines.  So far solaris has been a dunk shot, irix is also working, aix has some issues
I am trying to work on.  HP is not building because I do not have pthreads installed and
wanted to know:

1. Is is required that pthreads be available, to build omnithread and omniORB2.
2. What is the minimum OS rev for HP that comes with a pthreads that is usable by
omniORB (2.8.0).

Thanks

Rob Cecil

--
| Rob Cecil          | Senior Development Engineer                 |
| rceci@adams.com    | Product Development                         |

--------------461667690DCB4F2CC4B44472

Hello,
the support of pthreads on HP.&nbsp; I&nbsp;just pulled down the 280pre2
source and have been hitting all of our build machines (irix6.{4,5}, solaris2.{5,6},
aix 4.3, and hpux 10.20&nbsp;), trying to get a handle on how much work
would be involved in getting a working orb on all of our machines.&nbsp;
So far solaris has been a dunk shot, irix is also working, aix has some
issues I&nbsp;am trying to work on.&nbsp; HP is not building because I
do not have pthreads installed and wanted to know:<br>
<BR>
omniORB2.
that is usable by omniORB&nbsp;(2.8.0).
<pre>--&nbsp;
| Rob Cecil&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; | Senior Development Engineer&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |
| rceci@adams.com&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; | Product Development&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; |
| (734) 913-9351&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; | Mechanical Dynamics, Inc. (www.adams.com)&nbsp;&nbsp; |
&nbsp;</html>

--------------461667690DCB4F2CC4B44472--