[omniORB] OmniOrb on Unixware 7 ?

Allan Clark allanc@sco.com
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:33:11 -0400

I am currently doing the "Skunkware" port of 2.7.1 and 2.8.0 -- both have a
problem in the preprocessor.

Unixware likes to put a few items at the start of the preprocessed output
(cc -E) that the idlcompiler does not like.

2.7.1 is compiling cleanly, but not functioning properly.  When I have some
time back in the office (I'm at a financial company right now, working
onsite) I can complete the port.

SCO support for CORBA is weak, I've been made keenly aware of this.  Another
member of Siemens has also contacted me, and my past work with Siemens makes
me want to help you both.  I have a number of outstanding requests for
omniORB to be completed on Skunkware for OSR5 (502, 505) and UW7 (701, 710,
and 711).  Very soon.  I thought I already had it, but the behavioral part
of the port still needs work.

I will info the list of people I have so far when I have results (expect
something Monday); anyone else interested, feel free to email me.

Allan Clark
SCO Professional Services   (US)   V: 908-790-2298