[omniORB] Autoconf Abilities [was Installation and Configuration on RedHat 6.0]

Duane Griffin duane@router.econz.co.nz
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 11:40:18 +1200

Brent Fulgham wrote:

> > > The problem at hand is to ensure the right gcc version is used. Can
> > > autoconf help?
> >
> > Sure. You can require the user to specify a compiler as an argument
> > to configure.
> >
> Actually, we can just invoke the compiler to get its version
> info, and use that as a test for the right compiler.

Yes, but it isn't just the version we need to know. Is there any way we
can tell whether the compiler was built with the --enable-threads flag?

> Or, create a test case that highlights the compiler problem, stick it
> in the "tests" directory, and have it check if the compiler on the
> system is acceptable.

But do we have a simple test case that works consistently? It sounds
like the problems are subtle and intermittent.

Cheers,
Duane.