[omniORB] Installation and Configuration on RedHat 6.0

Mike Ladwig mike@twinpeaks.prc.com
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 19:44:48 -0400

Sai-Lai Lo wrote:
> One thing you should watch out for with RH6 is that it comes with
> glibc-2.1. It runs programs compiled and linked  with glibc-2.0, i.e. RH
> 5.2 fine. BUT if you compile on RH6 and link with a library, e.g. omniORB2
> runtime, that was linked with glibc-2.0, the executable won't work.

I thought I had read on this mailing list (and from you in private email)
that RH 6.0 (with glibc 2.1) wasn't working well with omniORB, even when the
entire system is recompiled.  Did I misunderstand, or is this something that
has been improved with the omniORB 2.8 releases?

> Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com

mike.