[omniORB] _this in an object's constructor?

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 19:40:53 +0000

"ryan.tecco" wrote:

> I have a CORBA object that maintains a reference to itself. When I try and
> initialize this variable in the constructor with _this() I get a core
> dump. Why is this? If I make a member function to return reference given
> with _this, it works fine. Any suggestions?

Beside the fact that I don't understand the goal of that, the problem is that
you can't call _this() on an object which hasn't been registered to the boa
with _obj_is_ready(boa), and you can call this only once the constructor
has finished.

Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique