[omniORB] ActiveX

David Hyde davidh@cavendish.co.uk
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 17:11:34 +0100

Has anyone had any experience with connecting to OmniORB within an ActiveX
control?  No - I thought not!!!

In the control that I have built if I call orb =
CORBA::ORB_init(argc,argv,"omniORB2") then when I close down the application
that the control is embedded in the application does not disappear from the
task manager.  (I'm building the control using VC++ 5, placing it into a
Visual Basic 6 application and running on NT4 by the way).  If I don't make
the call to ORB_init the app unloads from memory properly.

Is there any static memory which is not being deallocated or something here.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks

David Hyde