[omniORB] Naming across ORBS

Mon, 06 Sep 1999 15:11:04 +0100

On Monday 6 September, David Riddoch wrote:

[...]

> Thus the ORB which is exporting this reference is broken.  I'm afraid I
> can't think of any easy work-around.  Perhaps you would be better off
> using the omniORB naming service, omniNames?

One workaround, which is only sensible if the IOR in question doesn't
change often, is to use omniORB's genior utility to generate an IOR
with the same host, port and object key, but a null TypeID. Putting in
a null ID will cause omniORB to ask the object if it is really a
NamingContext when it is first contacted.