[omniORB] gdb segmentation fault on omniORB_2.8 (pre2) RedHat 6.0

Sai-Lai Lo S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
05 Sep 1999 22:44:20 +0100

> However, even after you stop gdb seg-faulting, it still won't work. GDB
> does not have support for debugging multi-threaded applications on Linux
> by default, and none of the patches and work-arounds that I have seen
> will work for Linux Threads, which you are probably using. Cygnus is in
> the process of folding in their patches to get gdb working with Linux
> Threads, so hopefully support will be forthcoming soon.

> BTW, if anyone knows of a way to get gdb working now with omniORB
> applications, I would be very interested to hear it :)

The Cygnus Codefusion version of gdb works fine.

Sai-Lai

--
Sai-Lai Lo                                   S.Lo@uk.research.att.com
AT&T Laboratories Cambridge           WWW:   http://www.uk.research.att.com