[omniORB] Using SunPro Workshop 5.0 (yet again)

Andrew Stitcher astitcher@orchestream.com
Fri, 03 Sep 1999 10:17:43 +0100

I noticed that there some recent (August) patches to the SP5.0 C++
compilers. So I installed them and tried to compile the version of
omniORB that we use (2.6.1+some patches), whilst compiling omniidl2 I
get the following error:

	__SLIP.DELETER__C                   omniORB2_be/libomniORB2_be.a(o2be
_predefined_type.o)
	__SLIP.DELETER__D                   omniORB2_be/libomniORB2_be.a(o2be
_enum.o)
	__SLIP.DELETER__E                   omniORB2_be/libomniORB2_be.a(o2be
_interface.o)
	ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to omniidl2

1) Does anyone understand what this means? It seems the __SLIP.*
symbols all appear to be internal to the compiler. In some of the
other files the symbols are defined but only as local symbols.

2) Sai-Lai has reported successfully compiling (if not actually
running) omniORB - which version of omniORB is this? Sun clain to
have fixed bugs similar to those reported by Sai-Lai, would it be
worth trying again with whatever version with the latest (and
hopefully better working) versions of the compiler?

Thanks

Andrew Stitcher