[omniORB] Can I use a naming service with different orbs?

Carlson, Andy andycarlson@ipo.att.com
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 06:28:29 -0700

Bill,

Thanks for the correction. I should know better than to say
something cant be done!

It's always good to know that a better world is in sight but those
of us lucky application level souls concerned with interoperability
usually have to deal with the OLDEST version of the specification
which is supported (in reality, not just marketing) by the various
components we are trying to get to work together, so I fear we will
be stuck with using IOR's to reach the Name Service for a while yet.

Now if only they all played nicely together once we have connected
to them...

Andy
Andy Carlson. AT&T Labs (UK)   	Tel: +44 1527 495258