[omniORB] omniOrb use between Alpha(C++) and PC/Solaris(Java)

mark.2.roper@bt.com mark.2.roper@bt.com
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:49:05 +0100

Hi,
	I have just started using the omniOrb, I have had some problems with
inter-platform connections,
I am using a C++ omniOrb 2.7.1 on an Alpha and it compiles and runs fine as
both a server and client if talking to oppsing client server written in c++
on any other platform ie. PC or solaris.
However my problem is it will not be a client to a java server on the pc or
solaris even though it works fine as a server to a java client. The client
simply crashes as soon as the java server object is called.

Has anyone else encoutered these problems or suggest a remedy.

{I have sent the example programs to the developers, but anyone else is
welcome to them}

Thanks,

	Mark Roper