[omniORB] Multiple Sessions Running

Stefan Seefeld seefelds@MAGELLAN.UMontreal.CA
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 19:18:05 -0400

Brent Fulgham wrote:

> I've received a few questions about why OmniNames creates 5 or 6 instances
> of itself upon startup.  Is this normal, or have I mis-configured the Debian
> verson of Omniorb?
>
> The concern is that OmniNames is a rather large user of resources due to the
> several "instances" of itself that run in the background at all times.

In linux threads are light weight processes which appear as processes if
you look at them through 'ps' or 'top'. So you are indeed running one single
naming demon wich happens to have spawned multiple threads.

I stumbled about this myself when running the berlin server back in the
early days :)

Stefan