[omniORB] How to implement thread per object or thread per client in omniORB

Christof Meerwald cmeerw@htl.fh-sbg.ac.at
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 18:40:42 +0200

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999 20:05:15 +1300, Dejan Polomcic wrote:
>Could someone tell me how to implement thread per client or thread per object or thread
>  per request models in omniORB at the server side implementaion ....If possible u can
>  provide me with a sample program ....

Well, thread per client is simple, because this is what omniORB does. But as
far as I know omniORB does not currently support any other concurrency
models. Although a threaad per request model seems fairly easy to implement
in omniORB (I actually patched my omniORB for thread per request and it
seems to work for me, but there are still some unresolved issues...)

Are there any plans to implement some more concurrency models in omniORB in
the future (thread per request and thread-pool come to mind)?

The thread per connection model may be sufficient for an omniORB-only
environment but as soon as you need a Java client (at least both ORBacus and
JacORB send concurrent requests over one connection), a thread per request
concurrency model would be great.

bye, Christof

--
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep until noon!