[omniORB] compiling omniORB3 on NT

David Riddoch djr@uk.research.att.com
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 14:31:57 +0100 (GMT)

Hi,

I've just committed a whole load of changes to the CVS repository to
support MSVC.  It still isn't quite there yet, but it is a lot closer.  It
should now compile the runtime libraries (it does for me).  However, I
still have a link problem.  Just including CORBA.h seems to bring in
some extraneous references to symbols in the dynamic library.  If anyone
can find out why these references are generated please let me know.  I
think it is something to do with sequence templates.

There may still also be a minor problem with some code generated by the
idl compiler -- due to a bug in MSVC.  I haven't gotten round to testing
that thoroughly yet.

These changes will be available on CVS and in the snapshots after the
merge tonight.

Cheers,
David