[omniORB] compiling omniORB3 on NT

Chung, David David.Chung@USPTO.GOV
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:52:06 -0400

	My question is:  Is there an easy way to fix the IDL compiler, so
that it only strips off the "CORBA::" qualifier from the objects in the
initializer list (for generated members) <top>/src/lib/omniORB2/irSK.cc?

	This problem is related to compiling omniORB3 on NT.

	Following the steps of Mr. Lutz Bichler, I have gotten omniORB3 to
compile ...

	It seems that during compilation, the <top>/src/lib/omniORB2/irSK.cc
(which seems to be generated from omniidl compiler) contains initializers
that contain fully qualified object names.  Apparently, MSCV does not pick
this up, and it spits out errors.

(example.
		using name space CORBA;

		class parent
		{
		};

		class child
		{
			child(): CORBA::parent() {};  // parent is fully
qualified.MSVC does not like this too much, at least
						     // for more complicated
functions in irSK.cc
		};
).

	Is there an easy way to fix the IDL compiler, so that it only strips
off the "CORBA::" qualifier from the objects in the initializer list (for
generated member)?

	Mr. Lutz has sent me a patch, which I managed to lose.  He
explained, however, that he is stripping off the outermost CORBA:: from all
function names, not just the initializer list.  I am wary about stripping
off outermost "CORBA::'s from all function/object names.