[omniORB] Does _non_existent() work?

Jonathan Buchanan buchanan@olsen.ch
Mon, 04 Oct 1999 15:45:31 +0200

Hi,

Correction to my previous mail:

> I did the test as you suggested and guess what, _non_existent seems to
> works now!  I am using a Java 1.2.1_03 client to an omniORB 2.7.1
> server, these being the same versions as I was using before so I'm
> rather mystified.

Well now I understand why it appeared to work - I wasn't running the
section of code I was changing!  (Great bit of investigation Buchanan,
well done.)  So I repeated the test by changing the right section and
indeed _non_existent from a Java client to omniORB server doesn't work,
but in fact the omniORB trace looks the same:

tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: starts.
tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: block on accept().
inScavenger: start.
tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: unblock from accept().
tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: accept new strand.
tcpSocketMT Rendezvouser thread: block on accept().
tcpSocketMT Worker thread: starts.
connect from 193.72.83.118
#### Communication failure. Connection closed.
tcpSocketMT Worker thread: exits.
tcpSocketStrand::~Strand() close socket no. 7

Regards,
Jon