[omniORB] Error compiling omniORB3 [on IRIX 6.5, MIPSpro 7.2.1]

James Riden jamesr@harlequin.co.uk
29 Nov 1999 16:15:45 +0000

Bruce,

This seems to be a deficiency in the IRIX compiler, but I could be
wrong - I don't have a copy of the standard to hand.

I believe the changes needed are of the form, eg. in userexception.h :

  inline name(const name& _ex) : UserException(_ex) {}

goes to :

  inline name(const name& _ex) : CORBA::UserException(_ex) {}

I can send you some patches which get the libraries and examples but
not the nameservice to compile and run OK.

(In the nameservice there is an additional problem, when
BindingIterator or similar tries to overload the -> operator.  This
looks like a compiler bug to me.)

Do you have access to a copy of the MIPSpro 7.3 compiler ?  It might
be worth a go.

cheers,
 James