[omniORB] omniORBpy and sequence<octet>

Robert Sander omniorb@beteigeuze.cs.tu-berlin.de
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 19:53:31 +0100

Hi!

I just installed omniORBpy from the CVS
and tried the Echo-Example in Python.
"Everything" ist working, but if I change
the Interface to:

typedef sequence<octet> SEQOCTET;

interface Echo {
  SEQOCTET echoString(in SEQOCTET mesg);
};

the client stops with:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "./echo_clt.py", line 24, in ?
    result  = object.echoString(message)
  File "./echo_idl.py", line 56, in echoString
    args)
omniORB.CORBA.BAD_PARAM: Minor: 0, Completed: COMPLETED_NO.

when calling echoString with [1, 2, 3, 4].

If I use short or long instead of octet,
everything works fine. Octets should be mapped to
integers by Python's language definition, shouldn't they?

Just asking and please forgive me, if this is a FAQ or
just not implemented yet. But if I try the same with fnORB,
I get a segfault, which is also not good ...

Greetings
--
Robert Sander
  home.pages.de/~gurubert, pgp available there